"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."


Ingrid Bergman




"Love is the beauty of the soul."


Saint Augustine




"The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread."


Mother Teresa




In the description of me under Lovey Dovey Me, the second one isn't really my description, the first Allison is. It's a confusing process. Their both me, one's just not really me.







Monday, March 14, 2011

The Giver. Colors Colors, Why no Color?!


This is my second post for The Giver, this post will consist of one question with an answer. How many answers do you ask? I don't know. STOP WITH THE QUESTIONS, I ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH ALREADY! Yes, it is true, some questions have more than one answer, unless of course, it's based of a book. Then again you could only be given an opinion, not exactly a solid answer. On with the question! Because we have been reading The Giver, by Lois Lowry, we have been asked for our opinion, meaning that there is probably going to be more than one answer. We have been given three questions to choose from, just like last time. I am now going to finally give you the question, I am going to edit it a little bit thought so it sounds more realistic.

When Jonas learns all about colors, he claims
"It isn't fair that nothing has color!!!!".
Why does he say this?

I believe that he claim this because, well, for one obvious reason is because it is ,unfair, in my opinion anyway. If there's no color than not everything has as much personality. You probably would have a rough time deciding what color you want to wear, of course, but color explains you. Without color than you won't know like, if someone is more goth or more cute and cuddly. Honestly, I love bright colors, they explain me. I am more of a happy go lucky colorful person who likes all the colors of the rainbow. (Black and white not included.) What's the fun with no color? If there were no color in any of your things then you won't be able to mix or match pretty dress or clothes. That's probably why he says that, maybe because he'll think that it shows who people really are.

I also think he says this because he loves color as much as I do and wants to share it with the world. Like I said, color makes things shine brighter, like, flowers are more beautiful with color, in fact everything is! He probably also says that it isn't fair because he wants everyone to have their own taste of different. It's fine how they have a controlled society and all, but why in the world would they even think of taking out color? It doesn't really change much except for the fact that everyone decides differently. So what if they make the wrong color choice and it ends up "not their color", it's life! Not everyone has the same color that looks good on them, but honestly, not everyone looks good just wearing black and white as their clothing either.

Another reason why Jonas probably said that it isn't fair not to have color is because color on things like plants gives them life. Not literally though, their still alive, but color makes everything "pop" with happiness, I could NOT survive without any color, if you know me this will be obvious to you. I wear things that stand out. I love pink things like pink roses and pink items, their just so cute! That's probably the last reason why, without color, not everything seems as alive as it should be. Without color not everything would be nearly as fun.


Picture from

http://www.wallcoo.net/cartoon/colorful_objects_and_designs/images/
Colorful_paints_rainbow_paints_001002.jpg




2 comments:

  1. Hello Allison!! I think that this blogpost was very well written. I like the way that in you blog you say something to the reader before you start the actual post. I really enjoyed reading you blogpost and I think you had some very good reasons to why you thought what you thought. You did have some spelling errors such as different when it should have been difference. Other that minor errors, your blogpost was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the format of your blogpost, it is creative and fun. Well i think your blogpost is really good it gives you an reflection of what you feel about it. You added a quote from the book to prove your point, trust me it worked. You had many reasons which is good to convince people what they are doing is bad. Overall great loved it<3 :)

    ReplyDelete