"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."


Ingrid Bergman




"Love is the beauty of the soul."


Saint Augustine




"The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread."


Mother Teresa




In the description of me under Lovey Dovey Me, the second one isn't really my description, the first Allison is. It's a confusing process. Their both me, one's just not really me.







Friday, September 10, 2010

HW A time I had Courage.

This is my 4th blog post, Mr.Thomas asked us to make this blog post about a time you showed courage. I'm not sure if this time I showed courage actually made a change on me or not. OK, it did make a change on me, not a good change, but  a bad change. This change involved me, my mom, sister, and one of my brothers. It happened at 6 Flags, on a ride called the Scream.
We were waiting in line for the ride called Scream. It's a ride where your in a circle. Your not on the inside of the circle facing the other people on the ride, but you were on the outside. On this ride there would be a countdown, not exactly a countdown but there were beeping sounds that got louder the more there were. I was scared to go in the ride because, you probably know, being afraid of heights is a common fear and I just happened to have it. We were in line and I was still deciding whether I wanted to ride the Scream or not. I kept telling myself, "You have to do this, If you don't you'll regret it later." But then I thought about it some more and said to myself. "OK, that's not entirely true, your afraid of heights so probably either way you might regret it." Once we got to the front of the line I decided to ride. It couldn't be that bad.
BEEP!BEEP!BEEP! The last beep was about to come before we shot up. Crank!Whoosh! But part of the seat that was keeping me in flew up. In fact, it was the only thing from keeping me from flying up out of my seat belt. I screamed and my mom got the lady to stop the ride before we shot up. Once the lady put that part of the seat back over me I decided I didn't want to ride the Scream anymore, but it was to late. We shot up. I started screaming. I opened my eyes, we were so high! Then something surprising happened. I never knew I could become more afraid of heights!
Once the ride was over I got out of there as quickly as I possibly could. After that experience I realized heights scared me even more than before. This experience didn't change me in a good way, but in a bad way. Maybe not to you, but me, I just don't want to be scared of heights anymore. Mainly because I travel a lot and being in planes so high up scares me, and jumping from a boulder scares me. Man I wish I never went on that ride. I regret it.

Thank you Club Med for this available computer and www.themeparkreview.com for this picture!

5 comments:

  1. Allison, I never knew that you were afriad of heights! That makes all the difference to your story. I have a question. What six flags were you at? Also, I Like the picture! It showed how high you were, and it looked like it would be fun! (to me, anyway. I love hieghts.) I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you went on the ride I thought you would stared to cry. That was good courage to go on the raid. So mafatu had courage to do things like that good for you that you went on the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should put the picture at the top so people notice at the start so they want to read it more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps a more succinct opening, something more to-the-point than what you have. Regardless of that I think the post was informative, yet not boring, boredom does seldom set in and in those parts it does, it is albeit diluted. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the wonderful comments you guys ave me! They are so helpful! :D Thanks guys!!!! What would I do with out you!

    ReplyDelete