"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."


Ingrid Bergman




"Love is the beauty of the soul."


Saint Augustine




"The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread."


Mother Teresa




In the description of me under Lovey Dovey Me, the second one isn't really my description, the first Allison is. It's a confusing process. Their both me, one's just not really me.







Monday, September 20, 2010

Stop Bullying, Be kind




We've have been asked to write about a time we have witnessed bullying but did nothing about it. Well, I don't have a clear memory about this but It's sorta surprising that I even know some of it because it happened when I was around 6, or you know, in 1st grade. I have not a  good memory about this boy, well, because he was really mean.
When I was little my best friend was being bullied by the kid who always bullies everyone. He was friends with a lot of people. He was around a grade higher than us. My older brothers grade. He always pushed me around because I was small. Well I don't remember much, but this is the best thing I could think of because I haven't witnessed bullying, thankfully, much in my life. I'm happy because I don't like to see people getting hurt or pushed around. But if I did, today I would do something about it. Anyway he was calling her names(I can't remember what) but I was to scared myself to go stand up for her. I was mainly afraid that he would bully me and call me butt face, like he usually did. I watched in horror. The last part I remember is her crying and the boy getting in trouble.
I wish I had done something then. Today if I saw someone being bullied I wouldn't stand and watch in horror hoping that person's okay. I'll go and try to stand up for them if they can not. But I hope that I don't see any bullying any time soon, I'll be prepared the next time I see some one being bullied. If I'm being bullied I'll stand up for myself and tell a teacher or parent. I really hope that I don't hesitate the next time I see someone being bullied and just stand up to the bully. I won't stop to think, "Oh no, he might hurt me if I try". I just won't. I'll do a little thinking but not much. If their okay I'm happy.
It's never good to be bullied or watch it happen. Your hopeless and you don't know what to do. People tell me bullies just bully people because for some strange reason, they enjoy it, in their point of view it's fun and funny. In this video we watched at school, they interviewed kids that have been bullied. They told the reason, what type, and what they did to them. They even interviewed bullies to know what they thought. The bullies in the video said it was fun, that they enjoyed getting people mad. Well, the people in the video aren't really bullies anymore they just told the moment in time that they were bullies.

In this assignment we were also asked to list to things that we are going to do to help out school, ISKL.
1. If there is someone being bullied I will help them. And if I'm being bullied I will just try to ignore it.
2. I will be kind to EVERYONE at ISKL.
Thank you for reading this blog post.

This is not really needed for this blog post but I wanted to add something, you've probably heard this a million times in magazines or on TV, or just from your friends, but here's a tip.
It's not a good idea to be mean to a bully back, If you do things will get worse. Talk it out. Here's a saying you've probably heard before.
The best way to stop a bully is to drown them in kindness. 
Just keep that in mind, don't be mean back, just drown them in kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment