"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."


Ingrid Bergman




"Love is the beauty of the soul."


Saint Augustine




"The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread."


Mother Teresa




In the description of me under Lovey Dovey Me, the second one isn't really my description, the first Allison is. It's a confusing process. Their both me, one's just not really me.







Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Classic Greek Myth.



In the pictures above Daedalus is above, and Icarus is underneath.

Daedalus and Icarus was the only greek movie I got to watch, but even so, I bet if I were to watch the rest it would have been my favorite. I really enjoyed the short movie because it was a twist of love, jealousy, envy and revenge. Though jealousy and envy have similar meanings, both are different. Jealousy is like, for example, your jealous of a coworker because they got a promotion you feel was rightfully meant to be yours. You had worked so hard, but they ended up getting it in the end. Envy, is like, for example, a longing to get something that you friend got or achieved, like, a gold medal. You long to possess that gold medal and call it you own. The story was a wonderful story of wondering, longing and re-thinking about the past.

For me, I really enjoyed the story AND the characters. Sure the story was sad, but in the end you could really understand the characters. My favorite character was probably Icarus, because the poor boy was just trying to please his dad all along. He was very clumsy, sure, but he just wanted his dad to understand that he DOES listen, even though his dad usually thinks that he doesn't. I also enjoyed the dad to though. (Daedalus) Daedalus was very clever, he was, in fact, the one who designed the maze that kept the minotaur. But, I have to admit, the dad scared me sometimes, he went mad several times in the story. He kept talking to vulchers, they talked back to, actually, but only he could hear them. Because, of course, he had "gone mad" in those specific times in the story. The story did have a sad ending, he had lost one that was dearest to him, Icarus, his son. He spent most of the rest of his crafting small clay boys with wings, to represent his son. He had a constant longing for his son, his son had flown to high in his fake wings, but only because he was just lost in the moment. I really do understand the feelings the characters had in this magnificent story.

Themes in "these" stories? Well, I only had time to watch one, so I don't really know much about the others. But I think I might can already guess the theme that each story has in common. No, I'm not going to tell you their all greek myths, because, well, that IS kind of obvious. (You know, the CD cover does says Greek Myths.) What I am going to tell you is that
1. Each story probably had a conflict, mainly involving things people believed weren't possible and 2. I don't know why, but I'm probably going to say that each story had a some kind of monster or "beast" in it. The story above that I just described? It had a minotaur in it. Usually, from what I've already realized, is that each greek myth has a monster in it, from the minotaur to Medusa, each story has an odd creature in it . Thus, I wouldn't be surprised if each story had a theme about monsters or beasts. (You know, ugly things, then again, do all beasts have to be ugly?)

Daedalus and Icarus was a very exciting, yet very sad story, though it was my favorite. Even if I didn't watch the rest it probably would have been. Though Medusa does sound pretty cool! I mean come on, she used to be wonderfully beautiful but then somebody got mad at her and made he ugly with snakes for hair! PLUS who ever looks at her turns to stone! I've always tried to imagine her in her beautiful form, it would be interesting to see, I have to look it up.

Okay, I just looked it up... DON'T! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment