"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."


Ingrid Bergman




"Love is the beauty of the soul."


Saint Augustine




"The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread."


Mother Teresa




In the description of me under Lovey Dovey Me, the second one isn't really my description, the first Allison is. It's a confusing process. Their both me, one's just not really me.







Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Learning Profile.

This is my learning profile. In class we found out the stronger sides of ourselves, the dominant sides. For me my right hand is the dominant hand, my left leg is my dominant leg, my right eye is my dominant eye, my right ear is my dominant ear and my right brain, my Gestalt side, is the more dominant side. All together my profile is double L. (Profile LL) This learning profile is so you get to understand me more, as the person I am and the future student I am becoming. Enjoy!

During my experiences I've learned that I learn best when there is a clear speaker speaking to the class. If the speaker isn't speaking very clearly, I zone out to a totally different universe. I have to have a clear speaker in order to have interest of what their saying. I'm not quite sure why, but that's just the way I am.
I've also learned that if the speaker uses some hand movements. It helps me listen. Somehow if I am entertained by hand movements, I listen more. They don't have to be big hand movements with the arms flapping every where, just some quick hand movements that you can notice, but the type that you don't get distracted by. Hand movements some how let me know that the speaker knows what their saying. Here's an example, in Humanities I can listen very well because my teacher Mr.Thomas has a clear, strong voice and he uses hand movements that aren't distracting but show that he knows what he's talking about.

Well, I don't actually "need to' but in order to work my best if there's no teacher talking, let's say, we have to type on the computer a couple of paragraphs, music helps. It doesn't really matter which type of genre the song is, but to me it helps my brain circulate through the left side and the right side of my brain. Even know my Gestalt side is stronger, I feel like when there's music playing they start working together. If I'm stressed and there's music, it's stops what ever traffic jam I have created with stress. My mom said when I was little I would cry in the car and when she put on music I would stop crying. It really comforts me. I wish every class I went to played music like my Humanities class. (Once again mentioning Humanities, it's actually my favorite class!)

I am having trouble on thinking of the strategies that would help me learn. Cause honestly, I think all the classes I am taking are teaching me pretty well. I do have to say if we have to do a assignment that you have to type on a computer for a short time or the rest of class, I think that if there were music it would help me concentrate more helping me to learn. (Mentioning music again I know, it's just it REALLY does help! Really! Plus it's one of the only things I can think of!) Like if we have to study  our books during class, if music were playing it would stop me from going off into space. If I go into space I can't get my notes done. Sometimes during class I realize that I have only finished half my work because at one point I too a vacation to La La Land, the land that I usually see jump and play on my History pages when I'm trying to study. I don't know how music keeps me concentrated, I guess it just reminds me that I'm in reality, not some crazy fantasy land.

The thing I would like my teachers to know about me, well, all teachers. I think all teachers should know about me is that I can get a little crazy and chatty. All my teachers probably know this already, or maybe they don't. Sometimes I act all quiet, but not usually. Only if the teacher is mad at us (Doesn't happen often.) That's when I get all quiet. I don't like it when people yell. I also don't like it if their mad or sad. Cause that makes me feel like crying because I know that somethings either wrong, or terribly wrong. I like it when people are happy and if people get their fair share. That's why I try to be extra kind! If I see pictures of homeless kids I feel like crying. I usually hold back the tears though because I feel like people will think I'm weird if I cry every time I see a picture. My friends usually think I'm insane. That thought just makes me laugh. (Hahahahahahahaha)

This is the end of my learning profile. I usually type more than this, but I just can't think of much to write for my learning profile. I really hope you enjoyed reading this and by reading this you understand me more. Man... Writing that just made me feel so selfish... "ME".

HAVE A HAPPY/ EXCITING/ GREAT/ FANTASTIC/GOOD/GREAT/ POSITIVE/WONDERFUL/SOCIAL/HAPPY DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment