"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."


Ingrid Bergman




"Love is the beauty of the soul."


Saint Augustine




"The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread."


Mother Teresa




In the description of me under Lovey Dovey Me, the second one isn't really my description, the first Allison is. It's a confusing process. Their both me, one's just not really me.







Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Treaty of Versailles Voted Unfair.

In my current Humanities class, we have been learning about the Holocaust and some of the many wars before it, plus some of the things that might have helped influence it. Today in class we learned a lot about World War 1, an interesting fact we learnt is that World War 1 used to be called The Great War because at the time they didn't know that another great war lay ahead of them. That war, would soon be called World War 2.

After the first world war, important people known as the Allied Powers came to form a treaty with Germany, this treaty was named the Treaty of Versailles. (Versailles is a palace that was built for Louis the 14th, it is located SouthWest of Paris. I'm not quite sure why they named it that way, but I guess my Humanities teacher is going to tell us.) This treaty would officially state 'peace' and would make sure that Germany took the blame. The blame for what, you ask? Indeed, Germany would take complete blame for The Great War. (World War 1.)

Now here's what I think, I believe that this treaty was unfair to Germany, it's Government and it's people. Germany had to take full blame for the war, meaning that they also had to pay for all the damage done in the war. The reason why I believe this to be unfair is because Germany wasn't the only country that took part in this war, other country's helped provoke the violence for a long time. President Woodrow Wilson spoke out, saying that the war would have been for nothing if it were to stop in 1914, basically saying more war was better for everyone. See what I mean? Germany wasn't the only ones taking part in this war, there were other's influencing it. For them to pay 33 billion dollars for all the damage was just unreasonable, Germany was definitely not the only people who caused any damage. I believe that everyone who had taken part in the war should have helped pay, and restore what once was. Maybe then Germany wouldn't have been enraged enough to take revenge, causing World War 2. They thought it was unjust, just as I do now.
I'm just happy everything is patched up now.

By: Allison Michelle Bradford.

No comments:

Post a Comment